Sunday, September 18, 2016

Join the club

First things first. If you understand my humor, I recommend that you immediately go to YouTube and type: dog sail vine.

Secondly, its been brought to my attention that my friends (well, one in particular) in Delhi would like to be properly mentioned by name: so here you go Laureline.

Let's see. What did we get up to this week.

Monday. Let's see Monday. No okay not Monday.

Tuesday? Tuesday was a holiday. So Tuesday was spent at the pool, naturally.



But Wednesday. Oh Wednesday. What a day.

So Wednesday I had my first test at school. It wasn't exactly easy nor was it difficult. Nothing unexpected. What was unexpected though was the amount of people actually openly cheated. The teacher noticed some students looking at one another's paper and simply asked them to not look at each others paper.

...

Yes this happened.

...

Anyway. Wednesday night I had invited some friends (LAURELINE) to hang out at the house.

So you know that was alright.

I mean.

Food was without a doubt best part of the night.

(Sorry friends, but you know its true. Dat mac and cheese and dem brownies. No contest.) 

Thursday we went to Agra (read Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.)

AND WE WENT BY TRAIN. (I feel like Sheldon). Creepily enough, I ended up sitting next to the same couple going to Agra as on the way back.



Dear Agra,

I've been to you 3 times now in the last 10 years. I think it's time we take a break from one another. It's not that I don't love you, it's just that I'm not in love with you.

Love,
Aditi.




No but for real, the Taj Mahal will always be an amazing imposing beautiful piece of artwork and all those who go to India really can't leave it without having seen it. Sure the town itself, Agra, isn't much to see, but you go for the Taj Mahal. The Agra Fort is the red fort of Agra and the Fatehpur Sikri is an old abandoned city about 30km from Agra. When I say abandoned I don't mean run down, ruined or left for dead. The "city" has been kept up to a prime standard.


Friday we went to the Agrasen Ki Baoli. It's only recently become a protected monument and rightfully so. Though no one really knows for sure how old it is, most people agree that it's been around since the 10th century.



Saturday we went to Dilli Haat and had momos.

Momos.

Life is good with momos.



Sunday we went to Sarojini Nagar and had clothes.

Clothes.

Life is good with clothes.




<3 Delhi.

1 comment:

  1. Finally got some recognition here ... so I figure I could at least comment ! Keep it up with the writing cause we have a buiseness to open soon :)

    ReplyDelete