Sunday, September 4, 2016

UCD

So here I am.

A week later.

AND I HAVE NOTHING TO BLOG ABOUT.

Not every week can be as genius as the last. But I'll give it a try.

I had another peculiar auto drive this week. Ah Delhi. You never cease to amaze me.

I asked the guy how much and he mumbled something about a meter. Not wanting to risk anything, I grabbed someone from of the street to help translate. I told (okay not told necessarily but rather forcefully explained to) the guy that I was not about to pay above a certain price. The auto guy actually decided not to rip me off and said "no problem, pay me that price."

So I get in, still a bit frustrated at the fact that my classes had yet again been cancelled for lack of reason. But everything is going great, I'm even thinking I'll pay the guy a little extra.

But then.

Then he decides to stop at a gas-station.

So I ask him: kya hogia? (whats wrong?)

And he mumbles something: ...gas.... ap niche... (...gas...you down...)

I figured okay fine I mean I guess its fine to this now. It's not like I needed to be somewhere or anything.

Suddenly he starts yelling at me: Niche! Niche! (Get down! Get down!)

By the way he was yelling at me you would have thought that I had tried to do something *insert whatever you find is a horrible crime that is within reason.*

And then.

Then he starts yelling at all the bad drivers on the road. ALL OF THEM. And this is Delhi. There are a lot of them.

Needless to say, I was deaf by the time I got home.

This goat emulates how I feel.




At JNU its nearly student election time. Which means:

It's protest tiiiiiiiime!

You get a protest! And you get a protest! And you get a protest! 

(Yes. That was meant to be read like Oprah.)

Friday there were student protests outside school.

I have absolutely no idea what they were saying, but it kind of sounded like what Belgians sing when the Belgian football team scores*: Waar is dat feestje? Hier is dat feestje! (Where is that party? Here is that party!)

Clearly very exciting days in the lives of international students at JNU.



Monday two friends of mine are coming from Belgium. And knowing these two, I can guarantee some good stories.

So keep on reading to find out what happens next week on The Bachelor. 

No wait I don't mean that. I mean keep reading to find out what happens in my life which is clearly, clearly more interesting.








*Belgium better beat Cyprus Monday. They better. Or else.

(Or else I'll be very very upset. Come on guys. I'm not a malicious person.)

No comments:

Post a Comment