So Monday my Belgian friends arrived and boy did we go cray-cray. Well, I mean we did our best. But hey, its the thought that counts, right?
But Tuesday. Oh Tuesday. No okay we didn't do anything much to crazy. I mean we did unknowingly walked 5km looking for a bank.
Thursday we went to the zoo because we're 22 and thats just what we do. (Ha that rhymed.)
While at the zoo I witnessed something that I had only heard about in some distance past: people actually went up to my friends (blonde and redhead) and asked to take their pictures.
Why! Why would you want strangers in your personal pictures!
Besides that lovely experience, the zoo was very nice. And actually they should be charging more than they are (200 rupee = 2.6 euro). The animals deserve it.
We saw lions and tigers and bears.
Oh my.
The next day we went to Red Fort and Jama Masjid. The Red Fort is an old, massive fort build in 1648 constructed by Shah Jahan. The Mughal emperors lived there until 1857, the rebellion of the Indians against the British. The Jama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India and honestly it is an incredible sight. It was also build by Shah Jahan around the same time as the Red Fort. You cannot go to Delhi and not see these two. But don't believe the tariffs from Lonely Planet or any other tourism website as they're not up to date. Price for foreigners has gone up to 500 rupees (still not a huge deal, but just warning.) Jama Masjid remains free entry, but you have to pay for cameras (including cellphones).
And so of course at the Red Fort people kept coming up to my friends asking to take pictures with them. I crowned myself their bodyguard and came up with a few responses when asked:
1. If you want to take a picture of them, go to Europe.
2. Why do you want to take a picture. They're not in a zoo.
3. No.
And one we should have said:
Sure, but it'll cost you 20 rupee.
![]() |
| Yes I am that vain that I would use a picture of myself. Picture credit: Riana Musschoot |
Friday night I invited some people over to hang around at the pool for a while and eat. Now I feel pressure to write something good as I know they're reading this.
Heeey.
No just kidding. It was a lot of fun. We ate, we drank, we conquered (the pool and for some of us, our fears of jumping from high places).
Night swimming. Definitely recommended.
Saturday, as some of us weren't exactly feeling our best, we slept, we ate and we slept. In the afternoon we went to the "Pop it up: Fashion Flea" event in Nehru Park. We decided to take the dog, who ended up being photographed more than the clothes at event.
I'm not even joking, we were walking around when the guy organizing the photography asked if he could take a picture so I said sure. Then he got on his walkie-talkie and called everyone to take more pictures.
I felt like a proud...
... something.
Also new this week, I matched the interior of my rickshaw:
*Look it up on youtube. It's funny, but be warned, it uses foul language.

No comments:
Post a Comment