Tuesday, May 15, 2018

New Slang

Last Thursday I arrived in Delhi.

And.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what to write.

So here's Frizz instead.


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

So just imagine this is the most innovative, awe-insipring post you have ever read in your life.

...

Alright so according to my mother I can't just post that.

"That's more Instagram." - Raka Singh, 15/05/2018.*

...

So fine.

While flying over whatever countries I was flying over to get to Delhi I realized something.

I'm a horrendous flyer.

Great traveller.

Horrible flyer.

And I don't mean that I'm afraid of flying - I've spent the majority of my life on planes, trains and automobiles. (See what I did there?)

But I just cannot sit still.

Luckily the Amsterdam - Delhi flight was empty enough that no one had to sit next to me.

Cause. I kid you not.

In the 8 hour flight I was up 10 times.

Sorry #notsorry.

I'm a great traveller though!

So.

You know.

Travel with me.

Still looking for companions to go to Bali.

You could be here, with me!

Not my image - Green Paddy Hostel and Villa


Qualifications:

  • In the hostel, you must be able to deal with me sleepwalking. 
  • And sleeptalking.
  • And. 
  • Please just make sure I don't wander off into the rice paddies at night.
  • I tend to wake up with unknown bruises.

What you get: 
  • ME**
  • And I guess Bali too.



The whole "qualifications" thing was a genius segue into what I'm actually going to write about.... 

The wonderful process that is job-hunting! 

Didn't see that one coming did you! 

Essentially, since the beginning of January I realized I need to become an adult at some point in my life and I should probably start figuring out what that actually means. 

Hence.

Job hunting! 

I mean I guess most people would start the "becoming an adult process" by graduating first. 

But why would I make my life easier? When I can make it so much more unnecessarily difficult for myself?  

You know how people say that looking for work is a full-time job in itself?

Well.

They were...

Not kidding.

Damn.

I'm not going to go into detail about the various interviews, but it's really forced me to think about what it is I actually want to do and where I want to end up.

Ideally, I'd stay here forever: 

Delhi.


And then Frizz and I would grow old together. (Well, he's already old, but you know, older.) 

No but really.

This last semester has probably been the most mentally intense semester I've experienced. 

BUT.

Is that going to stop me?

Well.

Let me tell you a little something.

This.

Is...

Going to halt me for a bit, I'll admit. 

Yeah. Probs. 

And to those who went through the process with me, at least we've got each other now. 

(Wow. That was incredibly cheesy. Just forget I said anything.) 

I realized that some jobs are perfectly made for people and while you may try to mold yourself into that person, it won't ever be a perfect fit. 

And.

That's okay.

It's quite literally not the end of the world.

It's a horrendous feeling resulting in some really creepy nightmares, but, it's alright. 

And I know I sound like a broken-record player but I feel that it's incredibly important to talk about these things. 

Especially for me. I'm someone who tends to hold back and can be reserved, so talking without reservation has become an integral part of my life now. (Which makes public blogging the obvious solution. Clearly.) 

To any future employers, I look forward to meeting you. We're going to do great things together. 

To past interviewers, sincerely thanks for the experience. 

Alright that's enough of that. 

Here's Frizz again. 





With everything that's gone on the last few months, the last two weeks in particular, I've decided to be a complete cliché and "change" my life. 

  • I want to jump out of a plane.
  • I want to drive in India.***
  • I want to travel endless distances.


So.

Who's coming with me? 










* Support her NGO: URJA-ENERGY 
** By this I mean my presence. Because. I'm cool. Obviously.  
*** (This doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've had a few mini-heart attacks around here) 








No comments:

Post a Comment