My time in India has come to an end. And honestly, these months have been some of the best months I could have imagined.
Granted, spending the last week in the Maldives definitely helped.
Right so I went to the Maldives. I mean yeah. It was pretty cool.
I went snorkeling and it may have been the best thing ever but you know its whatevs. Probs saw better fishes than at the Great Barrier reef. I mean. I swam next to a shark. Basically risked my life right there. It came right up in my face.
A whole two meters away. In my face.
But you know.
It's cool.
No worries.
I mean the views were alright, if you're into the whole white sand, clear blue ocean kind of thing.
It's not like this was paradise or anything.*
Anyway.
It's been an eventful 7 months, to say the least. Pretty sure I experienced every single emotion humanly possible.
I've come to the conclusion that to live in a place where you need to layer to survive is just not the way to live.
July, August; beginnings are always tough, as it was for me at JNU. But these two came to my rescue in September. We're clearly better than the original and new K3.**
October I took a leap of faith, ignored what my parents said about talking to strangers and trusted (those then) complete strangers to take me to Dharamshala. Only to go with them on another trip two weeks later. Even with the questionable musical stylings of Anna and Fabienne, I can honestly say I'm glad I did. (Guys, I'm still waiting on your debut album.)
I'm thinking a reunion is in order. Brussels some time in the next few months?
November I finally got be a part of a tradition that I would have otherwise missed out on: Diwali with my grandparents who I'm pretty sure bought out all the fireworks that could have been available. Also two important people had birthdays!
December was a bit more up and down, but then again, can you call it living in a country if you don't experience the trepidations that come with it?
Exams, stress and a ridiculous amount of sleepless nights definitely made up the first half. All that nonetheless added to a great way to end 2016. And of course Nepal and Australia may have helped a tad.
January.
Australia.
Maldives.
Delhi.
Lucknow.
Straight A's.
23.
Coolcoolcool.
February. This blog and traveling will be put on hiatus (until further notice or until I get bored and need an outlet).
I'll be back. I wouldn't want to disappoint my two loyal readers.
To end on a very, very cliché note: one of the main things I seemed to have learned the last few months is that spontaneity is in fact not scary and life can be more fun without planning everything in precise detail.
India, I was doing just fine before I met you (properly). Good thing you've made me better than fine.
I'll see you in July.
*It's at this point that I would like to eternally thank my parents for taking me with them. This was honestly the best thing ever.
**If you're not from a Dutch speaking country, please don't look up K3. They're both the pride and shame of our countries.
Granted, spending the last week in the Maldives definitely helped.
| heeeeeeeey |
Right so I went to the Maldives. I mean yeah. It was pretty cool.
I went snorkeling and it may have been the best thing ever but you know its whatevs. Probs saw better fishes than at the Great Barrier reef. I mean. I swam next to a shark. Basically risked my life right there. It came right up in my face.
A whole two meters away. In my face.
But you know.
It's cool.
No worries.
I mean the views were alright, if you're into the whole white sand, clear blue ocean kind of thing.
It's not like this was paradise or anything.*
Anyway.
It's been an eventful 7 months, to say the least. Pretty sure I experienced every single emotion humanly possible.
I've come to the conclusion that to live in a place where you need to layer to survive is just not the way to live.
July, August; beginnings are always tough, as it was for me at JNU. But these two came to my rescue in September. We're clearly better than the original and new K3.**
![]() |
| You're not getting rid of me. |
October I took a leap of faith, ignored what my parents said about talking to strangers and trusted (those then) complete strangers to take me to Dharamshala. Only to go with them on another trip two weeks later. Even with the questionable musical stylings of Anna and Fabienne, I can honestly say I'm glad I did. (Guys, I'm still waiting on your debut album.)
I'm thinking a reunion is in order. Brussels some time in the next few months?
| Dharamshala |
| PS: Udaipur: the rooftop where part of the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel was filmed. Definitely recommend it for rooftop-pool-drinks. |
November I finally got be a part of a tradition that I would have otherwise missed out on: Diwali with my grandparents who I'm pretty sure bought out all the fireworks that could have been available. Also two important people had birthdays!
![]() |
| Family! |
December was a bit more up and down, but then again, can you call it living in a country if you don't experience the trepidations that come with it?
Exams, stress and a ridiculous amount of sleepless nights definitely made up the first half. All that nonetheless added to a great way to end 2016. And of course Nepal and Australia may have helped a tad.
| Nepal |
| Melbourne |
January.
Australia.
Maldives.
Delhi.
Lucknow.
Straight A's.
23.
Coolcoolcool.
| My minion picture is better than your minion picture. |
February. This blog and traveling will be put on hiatus (until further notice or until I get bored and need an outlet).
I'll be back. I wouldn't want to disappoint my two loyal readers.
To end on a very, very cliché note: one of the main things I seemed to have learned the last few months is that spontaneity is in fact not scary and life can be more fun without planning everything in precise detail.
India, I was doing just fine before I met you (properly). Good thing you've made me better than fine.
I'll see you in July.
| Thank you and goodnight! |
*It's at this point that I would like to eternally thank my parents for taking me with them. This was honestly the best thing ever.
**If you're not from a Dutch speaking country, please don't look up K3. They're both the pride and shame of our countries.


Great writeup Aditi!
ReplyDeleteSorry to see you go Aditi!
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you get a notification of this but I liked reading this! You seem to write the same way I would speak in person and you're actually really funny! Guessing you go back in July to take your shot as a Bollywood actress..? ;D
ReplyDeleteI was actually wondering what life lessons you learned when studying abroad and still live by now that you're back. (The spontanity is a nice one!)
Anyway, take care and greetings from a total random stranger! ;) x