Sunday, November 27, 2016

I'm on a boat

So you remember how I said I'd be posting every week at least once a week?

Well.

Funny story.

That didn't actually happen.

#Sorrynotsorry.

Happy birthday!



















Anyway. Let's see. What have I been up to.

It was my fathers' birthday, so as a family we went down to Agra, to ride camels as one does.

We were at the Chambal River which is a tributary of the Yamuna.

And. We saw lions and tigers and bears!

Well okay no tigers. Nor bears. Nor lions. But. We did see crocodiles, turtles and dolphins.

Basically the same thing.


See? Camel! 





















From the camel ride we ended up at this abandoned fort which had views for days.




We also went on a few boat rides where I only mildly felt like throwing up.

(I don't do well on water. Or cars. Or helicopters. Or any moving vehicle really).

Boat.


























On our last day there we went to "Little Varanasi." At least that's what the locals call it. Varanasi, for those who don't know it, is the spiritual capital of India in Utter Pradesh and one of the oldest living cities. Basically, it's where people come worship their dead at the Ganges.

Along the Ganges (in Varanasi) you'll see the Ghats, the riverside steps leading to the Ganges where most religious ceremonies take place.

You know those stereotypical movie scenes where they burn bodies on the Ganges?

Yeah. No. Not exactly.

This is the Agra version:

























Not too shabby right?



Fast forward a few days and we're at our National Day Event.

I think we had around 800 people.

But I mean it was only 800 people, no biggie.

I wore Indian clothes to celebrate the Belgian national day.

As a result, climbing stairs had been taken out of the agenda.

Walking in general actually.














Fast forward another two days and we're at my fathers' surprise birthday party.

Happy birthday!

Here's a picture of your granddaughter to celebrate





















And fast forward another week and we're at exams. Which is where we're at now.

I forgot how much of a pain exams really are.

Stupid exams

Anywho. One more week and then I'm off traveling for 2.5 months.

Here's the itinerary:

Magnetic Fields
Nepal
Australia (Melbourne - Sydney - Gold Coast - Cairns)
Goa
Mumbai
Kerala

It's okay to be jealous.

I'm jealous of future me.

Here's a puppy to make you feel better:






















I would like to say that this coming week is going to be filled with exciting things, but I'm afraid I just can't tell a lie.

Well that's not true. I can. But no this week I'm afraid won't be all too exciting.

#yayexams.

BUT as I mentioned before, as I will be traveling non stop I'm sure I'll find a story or two to tell.

So bear with me as I work through the next week.

You're also more than welcome to wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment